YOUR CONTACT LENSES
Wearing contact lenses can be hugely liberating – allowing you to be active, try out different looks, and experience clear vision without a frame around your world.
Whether you are new to contact lenses or looking to refine your current lenses, our team can help. We can review the large range of contact lenses available and find the ones that best suit your lifestyle.
Contact Lens Options:
- Daily disposables
- Fortnightly lenses
- Monthly lenses
- Extended wear (for night & day wear)
- Rigid Gas Permeable (hard lenses)
- Toric lenses (for astigmatism)
- Multifocal lenses (for presbyopia)
- Coloured lenses
Our optometrists can help explain the advantages and disadvantages of each kind of lens, and find the option that is best suited to you. You may need to try out different brands of lenses and different lens cleaning solutions to find the perfect match. Being independent means that we offer an extensive range of Contact lenses and solutions, so that we can find the right fit for you.
Caring For Your Contact Lenses
- Good hygiene is essential for safe contact lens wear.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before handling your contact lenses.
- Ensure you clean & store your lenses properly.
- Always make sure you have an adequate supply of contact lenses, and allow enough time for re-ordering.
- Regular contact lens check-ups are essential to maintain good vision and to safeguard the health of your eyes so that you can continue to wear lenses for many years to come.
- Come back and see us right away if you start to experience discomfort or poor vision – an adjustment or a change of lens can often help.
Contact Lens Appointments
If you are already a contact lens wearer and are coming to see us for a check-up – please don’t forget to wear your lenses when you attend for your appointment: you need to have been wearing them for at least one hour before we examine your eyes.
An aftercare appointment with our optometrists will usually involve:
- Checking how your lenses fit, and how comfortable they feel
- Checking your vision with the lenses in
- Offering advice if you have any issues with your lenses, for example, if they feel uncomfortable or you think you need a different prescription
- Providing treatment or advice for any symptoms you may be experiencing, like dry or itchy eyes
- Our monthly payment system includes the cost of all aftercare
To be Scotland’s practice for the whole family offering the most modern eyecare with old-fashioned patient care and support.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family to R C Cunning soon. For more information and to book your eye examination:
0131 229 9829
01968 674 259